Throughout the year St. James’s hosts various activities that purposefully extend beyond our congregation, to strengthen our role in the West Hartford and Greater Hartford communities. Many of these activities are wonderful family events – both in planning and execution, but also just joining in the fun.
- The Foodshare Walk Against Hunger raises awareness of hunger in the Greater Hartford region with this annual fundraising event in early May. St James’s participation helps to build a community-based movement focused on providing emergency food assistance to those in need.
- Semi-Annual Rummage Sale is held in May and October, and requires lots of helping hands to organize the donations in advance, and staff the sale during the weekend. This event is managed by the Women of St. James’s.
- Strawberry Festival is a fundraiser for the St. James’s General Fund, and is held in coordination with the West Hartford Memorial Day Parade in late May. Volunteers prepare and sell strawberry shortcakes.
- FALLFEST is a brand new event held on a Saturday in the Fall from 4-8pm. All in the community are invited to enjoy a pig roast, local craft beers, food and games for all ages, live music, and a seasonal farm stand.
- Christmas Tree & Wreath Sale is held every December on the front lawn of St. James’s as a fundraiser for the General Fund. Volunteers are needed during the week and weekends.